Nothing Gold

Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay. -Robert Frost

My Photo
Name:
Location: Arlington, Virginia, United States

I am a white American middle class suburban housewife trying desperately to tell herself that that is not who she is. One time I was a glowing young ruffian. Oh my God it was a million years ago.

Monday, September 19, 2005

On Some Fun Girls



This is a picture of my girls in a really big frying pan. We went over to the Washington coast for my 18th birthday. My sister Leah, my friend Jennifer and my friend Sarah went on a road trip through Portland to pick up my friend Annie. It was really really a lot of fun. But Annie is not the best direction giver. We were driving around Portland looking for the "Gothic bridge" which is not really called that. And, when we stopped to ask people they looked at us like we were maybe dangerous and didn't answer us. But, we eventually found Annie and made it to the beach where we met up with my family. It was a small beach town and we explored and swam in the (very cold) ocean and drove on the beach in the middle of the night. The car got stuck but we managed to unstick it. Looking at the picture really makes me miss my friends. My Leah is here with me now, but she has to leave tomorrow. My Annie lives in Seattle and my Jennifer lives in Yakima, but I don't know where Sarah lives and that's sad. I resolve here and now to do my best to find her.

2 Comments:

Blogger kate said...

HA! What a great shot! Where was the photo taken? Ocean city?
A true classic. Thanks for sharin'.

11:00 AM  
Blogger Maggie said...

I forgot to add that if my friends and I ever had a band, this would totally be our first album cover.

10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home