Nothing Gold

Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay. -Robert Frost

My Photo
Name:
Location: Arlington, Virginia, United States

I am a white American middle class suburban housewife trying desperately to tell herself that that is not who she is. One time I was a glowing young ruffian. Oh my God it was a million years ago.

Friday, July 15, 2005

On Premature Aging

Lately I feel like I'm getting kind of old. I realize that at 25 I am still quite young and spring chicken-esque, but man am I getting to be lame! (I write this with a smile on my face). My Lover for Life recently bought tickets to go see one of his favorite bands at the 9:30 club. My first reaction was cool! that'll be really fun! But then I started to think about it. "Hold on, I haven't been to any kind of club in several years. Not since before I was pregnant. I don't know what to wear. Won't there be lots of really cool young kids there? Do I need a hip, fresh haircut and some sexy clothes? I'm not even sure how to go about getting those things. Maybe I just shouldn't go. I can hang out at home with my son and watch Here Come the ABC's. If we want to get a little crazy we can order Indian food. If we want to go out on a date we can go to a restaurant or some kind of quiet brewery pub and have a few drinks and some nice conversation."
I actually have been considering using Levi as an excuse to not go. "I don't know, we'll be out pretty late, I'm not sure he'll go to bed with anyone else."
This is actually somewhat of a real concern, but I don't think I'd be as worried about it if I were really looking forward to going out.
Anyway, I have decided to work past my lameness and go and enjoy myself. I will probably wear jeans and a tshirt with my regular-person hair. I may put on a little extra makeup and I will try my best to feel sexy and to enjoy the music and not to worry about Levi more than once or twice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home