Nothing Gold

Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay. -Robert Frost

My Photo
Name:
Location: Arlington, Virginia, United States

I am a white American middle class suburban housewife trying desperately to tell herself that that is not who she is. One time I was a glowing young ruffian. Oh my God it was a million years ago.

Monday, April 24, 2006

Who likes underwear?

I got a chain letter in the mail today. I kind of hate chain letters, but my sister sent it to me and my other sister sent it to her, so I feel like I kind of have to send it on. The letter claims to not be a chain letter, but only for fun. It's a panty exchange. I send a pair of panties (new with tags on) to number 1 on the list (sister Claire) then send the letter to 6 people and get 36 pairs of panties in the mail!! (exclamation points not mine) It would actually be pretty disturbing to get 36 pairs of panties in the mail. I do laundry once a week, and I don't even think I have room for 36 pairs of panties. I think I'd have to buy a new dresser. Some sort of panty dresser. At least it spells out that they are to be new, so I know my sisters haven't gotten into something kinky.
Anyway, I don't want to send out this letter to my friends, because I want them to still be my friends, but I feel kind of bad letting it drop, because I love my sisters.
So, any of my readers want to jump in front of the chain letter bus? Volunteer to receive a chain letter from me and to send a pair of panties to my sister Leah? You can make them as wierd as you like, she deserves some sort of payback. Then, feel free to let it drop. I really don't need 36 pairs of panties sent to me. Or, if you are excited about getting a plethora of panties in the mail, by all means, send it on.

8 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Do you have to publish your panty size on the list? And, well, I'd volenteer to send her sisters a pair of panties... just don't send me the email. All the people I know who do those chain mail things never follow through with anything outside of email. It's easy to click forward, but it takes planning and actual enegery to mail panties.

11:57 AM  
Blogger Maggie said...

It wasn't even email, it was an actual hard-copy snail mail chainletter, if you can believe it. So, even sending it on requires copies and stamps and such things. And you only have to put your size on the list if you send it on and want to get ones that fit.

1:58 PM  
Blogger kate said...

Hey, sure. But tell me sizes of people I'm to send panties to. Otherwise, they'll get mediums.

3:11 PM  
Blogger Sh33p said...

Is it limited to females & panties? No boxers?

10:50 PM  
Blogger Maggie said...

umm, it says panty chain, but it doesn't specifically define what is or isn't a panty. And it says 'people' not 'women'. and it asks you to specify if you have a type of panty you like, so I suppose if you specified men's boxers...

11:32 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

EEK! Your sisters must really want those panties. Give me their address and sizes and I'll send them some.

11:34 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:34 AM  
Blogger Maggie said...

Only two people willing to sacrifice themselves to the chain letter beast for me? Thanks, Liz and Kate, you are real friends.

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home